The AMS BMW 135/335 Front Mount Intercooler is the best performing direct bolt on you can buy. Simply by bolting on this intercooler on a stock car you can expect over 10 wheel horsepower gains. Cars running increased boost due to a tune have seen 40 plus wheel horsepower near redline! This intercooler has over 49% more internal flow area than its stock counterpart, works with the stock piping and only requires small trimming to the plastic bumper support.
This AMS Intercooler features cast aluminum end tanks for added durability with smoother features and geometry. Designed by our engineering team using Solidworks (3D CAD software) these A356 T6 Alloy Aluminum end tanks have improved flow over sheet metal end tanks and include gusseted brackets to prevent cracking or failure. Our end tanks don’t end there. We also incorporate an industry first 3” inlet and exit port. We go beyond our competition to ensure quality. Each AMS Intercooler is hand TIG welded in a jig for a perfect fit and pressure tested to 50 psi to ensure maximum performance.
We tested many intercooler cores to find the best performing units available. Over the past 8 years AMS has tested just about every core available to source the best manufacturer for our kits. The BMW is no exception as this intercooler is manufactured by the same company we use for our 1400hp drag cars and time attack race team.
- Over 49% more internal flow area than stock
- Smooth flowing cast end tanks allow for better airflow over the competitions sheet metal tanks
- Best performing intercooler on the market and requires less bumper support trimming than the competition.
- Industry first 3” inlet and outlet end tank ports
- Custom molded silicone couplers to optimize airflow volume and velocity.
- Will bolt up to your stock piping or most aftermarket pipe kits that are designed for the stock intercooler.
- Bar and plate style core, the best performing on the market
- All AMS intercoolers are pressure tested after assembly to 50 psi
- Silicone couplers designed to be used with stock and most aftermarket piping.
- Hose clamps
- Intercooler core dimension: 6" tall, 20" wide and 6" thick
3" inlet and outlet
- Good for up to 550whp
- Comes with the Black "AMS" Painted Logo (optional)
- Slight trimming of plastic bumper support required
- Weighs 17.6 lbs.
- With or without Black AMS logo stencil (please specify)
- BMW 335i, 335xi, 135i Both Automatic and 6mt. including models with ACC (Active Cruise Control)
- Fits all USDM, and European Models including models with ACC (Active Cruise Control)
- Is not compatible with 2011 or 2012 models at this time.